Everyday sustainable living practices require people to actively get involved to create a standard of culture that accepts sustainability as the norm. At UNSW, we have a vibrant community campus that seeks to promote best practices and everyday sustainable living and it is easy to get involved!
Our staff and students conduct an enormous range of activities that benefit the community throughout the year, either personally or on a discipline or Faculty wide level. Look out for these initiatives or contact one of the UNSW student organisations to see how you can help.
UNSW Student Organisations
We have a number of UNSW student clubs and societies that are engaged in community work directly supporting sustainable development goals. These include:
- Amnesty International UNSW
- Arc's Environment Department (student representative council)
- Arc’s environmental portal
- UNSW Environment Collective
- UNSW Oxfam Club
- UNSW Bike Club
- Thoughtful Foods (UNSW's Organic Food Coop)
- Stationary Re-use Centre
- Arc Student Development and Volunteer Programs
- Engineers Without Borders
- International Student Volunteers
- United Nations Society
- Vegetarian Society
- Vision Generation (World Vision Club)
- Women in Renewable Energy.
Find out how you can get involved by contacting these organisations.